Ushuaia is a city in Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina. Ushuaia is the worlds southernmost city and offers the following points of interest for tourists and photographers;
- Downtown Ushuaia including Argentine BBQs, chocolate shops and bars
- A photo with the end of the world sign
- End of the world museum
- Falkland Islands plaza and memorial
- Train of the end of the world and Tierra Del Fuego National Park
- Day trip to walk with penguins on Martillo Island
- Day trip to Penguin, Seal and Bird Islands
- Day trip to the Fuegian Andes – Lake Fagnano, Lake Escondido and Emerald Lake
- Start off point for trips to Antarctica
Visiting Ushuaia will give you bragging rights to have visited the worlds southernmost city. The city itself is full of the famous Argentine Parillas, which are restaurants where all the famous Argentine meat is cooked on metal grill barbecues. You will also find a few excellent chocolate shops here which are worth a try.
There are many tours to can choose from, I chose the Penguin excursion, which passed by the famous lighthouse (pictured above) and sea wolves before arriving at the beach pictured above. On this beach I was able to get close to the penguins and take lots of penguin action pictures.
Below are a couple of the great plates I enjoyed whilst travelling to the Falkland Islands from Ushuaia.
Enjoying a steak on formal night
You can order seconds (and thirds!)